Exploring Mommyhood

A single mother on her journey through life- the good, the bad, and the ugly!

11 January 2010

Must. Have. Coffee.

So. I'm sure you know. I had to get up at 4:45 this morning. AM. Yup. Got up... got myself ready... had to get the munchkin up at 5:45 because she now takes just as long to get ready as I do. Why? Hmph. Wake her up. Let her spend 5 minutes stretching. Coax her out of bed. Go pee. Put the sticker on the chart. Get dressed. Run around the house looking for Pap-Pap even though she knows he's already at work. Go eat some yogurt (a full breakfast is at school, it's not like I'm making her starve until lunch!). Actually sit down with a cup of tea for myself. But then hear "I haffa pee". Go pee. Put the sticker in just the right box. Ok so now she's ready for her coat and shoes. But wait. I'm still in my pajamas. Better put my scrubs on. Go warm up the car (mental post-it: really need to look into cheap remote start deals!). Get her loaded. Drop her off at school. Must. Have. Coffee. Strong Coffee. On the highway with crazy semi drivers. Parking decks suck. Which class is my first lecture in? Found it. OMG it's barely 8am. Back to back lectures from 8am-12:15pm. Lunch with the group in the cafeteria. 2pm: Clinical. Only this first one of the semester isn't on the floor. Nope. One by one, we go into the simulated "Meti" patient lab. 20 minutes to do a complete head to toe assessment and 10 minutes to long-hand chart. Did I mention the rest of the group is back in the classroom WATCHING me on video to critique me? Blah. Nine people. Half hour each. LONG time. BORING time. OMG give me something to DO! 6pm. Still not done with everyone. Go to dinner in the cafeteria- again. Finish Meti's. Math test. Hope I got a 90 so I can pass meds. If not, take it again next week. Whatever. Go over syllabus for clinical. Find out that I have to make a special trip BACK to the hospital to turn in my paperwork by 4pm the day after clinical. Fantastic. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. I pretty much stopped listening after that point. Everyone is crabby and giving each other "looks" for little things like tapping our nails or pens on the desk. We're tired. Shit it's cold outside. Finally home. And yet here it is. 11:15pm and I'm writing a blog instead of melting comfortably into my mattress and cozy blankets. Good night. Sleep tight. Leave me a lone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment