Exploring Mommyhood

A single mother on her journey through life- the good, the bad, and the ugly!

15 January 2010

Well, I successfully completed my first week of the semester. What have I learned so far?

That a day of lectures followed by a 7-hr clinical wasn't the best scheduling idea I've ever had.

An Anatomy & Physiology lecture that lasts an hour and a half is TOO LONG.

Walsh University is dyslexic.

I think that about covers it. Sad, huh? What's really sad is that I am already behind in reading. So guess what I'll be doing during any free time this weekend? Yup, you guessed it. Playing with Claire!

*************************************************
Speaking of Claire, I have to give her HUGE props... she left the house today wearing -- ready for this? -- big girl underpants!! She's been successfully going potty all week and insisted on wearing her big girl underwear when she got dressed this morning. I didn't want to discourage her from wearing them, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she is staying on track at her dad's today and still has them on when she comes home tonight. Where did my baby go?!
************************************************

My treat this week? A new book (yeah, like I have the time to read anything other than a nursing book!):
It's written by a mom of 6 (six! Could you just imagine!?) who has taken on a witty perspective to parenthood. Apparently she was selling a baseball on EBay and attached the story of how it caused craziness in her kids to the auction-- her story attracted over 220,000 people and she ended up selling the baseball for $1,125! Ehh... it was a buck fifty- I figured why not? I'll let you know how it is and I'm sure I'll be adding a few excerpts down the road.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment