Exploring Mommyhood

A single mother on her journey through life- the good, the bad, and the ugly!

18 January 2010

Not Me Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week. http://www.mycharmingkids.net/ (I have yet to figure out how to link her website to just one word or phrase such as "her blog" so that you can just click on "her blog" and go to her page, so I'm doing it this way for now. Anyone who knows how to do this, please fill me in!)

I was not in bed by 9pm last night and I certainly did not sleep until 10am this morning. Really. I did not hit the snooze button when the alarm went off at 10 and I did not sleep even more until 11am. Nope. Not me. (Hey-- don't knock it people. I have a 2 1/2 year old that usually wakes me up no later than 7am on days that we don't have to get up earlier for school, so I fully welcomed her extra visit with her dad for the "holiday" and took full advantage of it!)

Which means...

I was not eating breakfast at 11:30am and I did not stay in my pajamas until almost 1pm. Noooooo sir-eee.

I did not totally ignore my reading assignments this weekend.

And I did not spend 5 extra minutes sitting next to my munchkin's bed rubbing her forehead and hair to get her to fall asleep instead of making her tough it up like a big girl and go to sleep on her own because she made me feel bad that "I missed you Mamma" and didn't feel very good. And I did not love all 300 seconds of it.... yeah, who am I kidding?!

No comments:

Post a Comment